7/13/11

HELP!

As mentioned in a previous post, I am having major issues with blogger.
First of all, I can't publish a post by clicking on the "Publish Post" button down below. I have to click "Save Now" and then select the new post I have just saved, and then publish (sometimes it won't even let me do it that way).
But the bigger problem is commenting on others' posts. Some of your blogs let me post a comment, no problem. But 2 of my sisters' blogs and also my new sister-in-law's blog won't give me the time of day. One of their's is private, and posting a comment is not even an option on her blog for me. For the other two blogs, I can at least put in a comment, but when I click on "Publish Comment" it takes me to the Google Sign-in page, so I sign in again, try to resubmit, but each time it just takes me back to the Google Sign-in page.
Does anyone who is more familiar with blogger, or computers in general (or who have husbands who are), know what I can do to solve these problems? Making comments on others blogs is an easy way for me to keep in touch with friends and family (I especially would like to be able to make comments on family blogs), so it is rather frustrating to read these blogs and not let these family members and friends know that I am interested in their lives and care about what they are up to. AARRGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been having the same problem so if you find out anything let me know!!!

MOMster said...

I've heard many people having the same issues so it's definitely not you. It's Blogger. I hope we get it all resolved soon.

Molly said...

This probably won't help you, but when is the last time you checked for updates on your web browser? Have you tried in internet explorer, firefox, safari, and chrome? See if it's a browser problem that's not talking well with blogger.

Kristin Hanson said...

Yup, it's blogger. Mine won't let me use bloggers photo upload tool and I have to use photobucket.

But just to cover bases: check your cookie settings (blogger has a panic attack if your cookies get wiped out frequently) and try a different browser. I have better luck with Firefox or Internet Exploder, even though my preferred interenet browser is Chrome and which is owned by Google, as is Blogger.

As far as the private blog, it maybe the settings on her end - can anyone else post comments? Or is it just you?

Kathryn said...

@Kristin: Others can post on her blog just fine. Also, I can't seem to get into yours lately. Can you reinvite me and I will see if I can get in again? I miss seeing what you guys are up to. Although, it was great to chat with you for a little bit on the Fourth. I want sewing lessons. :)

Susannah said...

I have this problem sometimes but never when using Firefox for browsing. It's a free download if you don't have it already. Good luck!

Korey said...

So I talked to Josh and he said that you should try using a different web brower. I'm assuming that you are probably using Internet Explorer. Try downloading Chrome or Firefox (Firefox is more widely used, so I'd try that first). And see if that helps with any of your blogger problems. Hope that helps. If you need anymore help just ask!

Chelle said...

Have you had problems posting on my blog? B/c my sis said she couldn't get her comment to show up, and one of Jared's co-workers said the same thing. It makes me wonder if I have a problem I need to look into fixing as well....
I am like you though--I use blogs to keep up on what people are doing, and I love to comment--that's my way of letting them know that I care about them and what is happening in their lives, and I feel the same way when people comment on my blog--that they care about me. So that would be sad not to be able to!

Unknown said...

I am having the same problem, so I assume it's not just you. I read all of the comments and it looks like I need to go to Firefox to get it to work. Good luck!