4/17/12

Ranting and Raving

So, I realize I have been MIA for a few months. The reason? House hunting has been consuming my time and my thoughts. And let me tell ya, it has not been my favorite process. Sure, the kids love going from house to house and running through each one and especially checking out the yards. I kind of like it too... (that part).


Somehow I had this idea in my mind that we would look at a few homes, find the "right" one, make an offer and either get accepted or the sellers would make a counteroffer and we would "work it out with them"...and finally own our first home!!! :)
Nobody warned me that 8 other buyers would be trying to do the same thing on the same home, or on the same 8 homes thus far...Therefore, we are at 0 for 8. Bidding wars & all-cash offers= enemies!


Our area is a very desirable place to live, because it is close to San Fran (where many of the hubbies work), close to BART, great schools, beautiful weather, lots to do and see...but very few homes on the market, in our price range. Sure if we had a million bucks to throw out there, it would be no problem... a lot less competition on each home. But because there are a million other young families trying to get a home in this area while the prices are lower, we just don't have a chance.

Maybe we will get lucky one of these times...:)

Thanks for letting me rant and rave for a moment. ;)


5 comments:

MOMster said...

You sure are patient. I wouldn't handle well the process you guys have gone through. Ugh. I wish so many others weren't looking for the same thing you are. It'd make it a lot less frazzling for you guys.

I hope you'll be able to find the house of your dreams soon!

Kailie said...

Oh man, I'm sorry! House hunting is frustrating. Now that I think about it, I guess we got lucky with only having to look at one house. Jimmy would move to California in a heartbeat but I'm worried about housing! Good luck!!!

Molly said...

Good luck! While I'd love to have a house some day, the whole process sounds terrible.

Chelle said...

Uhhh...0 for 8. That is brutal. "Hunting" of any kind is the worst, in my opinion--house hunting, car hunting, trying to find things for your kids...I can imagine how frustrated you are! Hopefully the "perfect one" for your family will show up soon~ Your first house, that really is an exciting endeavor!

Scott McMillan said...

congrats!! So exciting and looks so cute. Chelle and Jared had a great time visiting you guys!