Can't get enough of projects these days.
This is a wooden sign I painted for my sons' bedroom. All I needed was the board; I had all the other supplies on hand, so it cost me $5, and it is a 2x2 size. Trying to get a "vintage transportation" theme going. Am also sewing a "vintage map" quilt that will be hung on their wall.
For daughter's b-day, she wanted to go to the beach, eat clam chowder, and have BLTs for dinner. It was a great day!
She was very happy with her cake!
Thank you to everyone for your ideas on how to make this cake. I ended up going with a frozen buttercream transfer, which I had never even heard of before! And it worked out well. Couldn't have done it without your help. So thanks again! I used crushed graham crackers for sand, and borrowed some of my mother-in-law's shells for added detail.
7 comments:
Kat, you are AMAZING!!! You're so talented in so many ways! Great job on the cake--it looks fabulous. No doubt Ambry was pleased as punch! I love the sign for the boys' room too. It is so adorable! You did a wonderful job on it. :)
LOVE the wooden sign, and I've never heard of the frozen buttercream transfer. Just looked up the process. Amazing!
You are just teeming with creativity!
Your cake is amazing. And the fact that your childrens' rooms have themes makes my head spin. :)
Way to go!
Oh man that sign is cool! I want to make one now, haha. Good job on that cake, turned out great!
The sign looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the quilt and a picture of the finished room. You are so talented!
It must have been really hard to make that beautiful sign just perfect and then have to scuff it up a little to make it look vintage. :)
Ah, did you have some passion time while creating that sign? :) It looks GREAT! How did you do the airplane? Did you just free-hand or did you have a (Oh how sad...I can't even think of the word...you know those things you trace)? I'm losing my mind.
Anyway, I love the cake too! Is the sand crushed graham crackers? You'll have to post pics of the boys' room when you're totally done. I love seeing stuff like that!
Great job! It looks amazing!
Post a Comment