We had a great weekend with Michael's family. My mother-in-law picked the girls up on Wednesday afternoon (so Michael and I could have a few days to ourselves before #3 arrives), and I had the whole evening to myself (to catch up on scrapbooking, as I was over a year behind). When Michael got home from work at 9:30, we caught a late dinner at Panda Express and watched a movie. On Thursday, we were able to go to the temple and out to lunch (with appetizers and desserts and everything, wow). We slept in and had naps... so spoiled. We took a nice walk together on the trail by our apartment and I ended up coming home with 3 blisters, as my feet are like blimps these days.
On Friday we headed down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with Michael's fam and the girls. They have a cool new sea horse exhibit. The girls LOVE the aquarium. We enjoyed clam chowder bowls on the wharf afterwards and some Ghirardelli chocolate samples.
On Saturday we had a busy day full of fun activities: Ward pancake breakfast in the morning, swimming and a BBQ at Michael's relative's home (they had some baby kittens there that the girls were obsessed with), and homemade strawberry ice cream. Yummy!!! In the evening we went to the town's little fireworks display and did some of our own out in the street. The girls loved the sparklers and snappers the best. On Sunday we roasted marshmallows in the backyard and enjoyed each other's company. I really married into the BEST family.
Other news: Am starting to dilate and looking forward to little brother's arrival. Though due July 31st, I am expecting an August baby, as both girls were late. Still not a set name yet. Have been getting the nesting instinct and have been busy getting things in order. I have this thing where everything in the house has to be organized before baby comes, down to the very last sock drawer. Have had a few requests for a lovely baby bump pic, so I will get one soon.
3 comments:
Sounds like a very fine weekend! How fortunate to have great in-lawa. I still remember your mom-in-law from your reception; she was so nice.
Oh, little kids and the fourth of July--what is more fun? I love it. Your girls are so cute. I miss them!
I'm so glad that you have a blog! The girls are still just as adorable. Did I ever email you the pictures from last August? Email me at: emma_dison@yahoo.com if I didn't.
I can't wait to be able to see pics of your little boy when he comes. I really wish that we lived closer to you guys. I had a lot of fun hanging out with you and the girls last year. If you ever take a trip to NC, let us know!
FYI - We didn't have a name chosen until I was in labor, but it all worked out in the end. :) Plus, here's some good news for you: Elena was late, but Kevin was 2 days early. I'll wish for the same for you since boy's are generally so much bigger than girls. :)
Post a Comment