11/30/09

Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Lice

Fleet Week
Enjoying Ghirardelli Square after the air show. Too bad it got foggy and the Blue Angels were cancelled. It was sooo cold!
Clayton Valley Pumpkin Patch: We went there with a bunch of moms and kids and they all loved chasing eachother around in the hay bale mazes (until Ambyr ran into another child and got a bloody nose) and jumping in the lima bean pools.
Showing off the pumpkins they helped carve.
Lookin' beautiful as Cinderella and Little Red Ridinghood... and so cute as a cow.
4 mos. old already!
19 lbs 3 oz
26.5 inches
Just chillin' in the bath (he may be a bit too big to bathe in the sink, it is just easier on my back :)).
All three of us girls had lice, but I don't look as cute in a shower cap as the two girls, so I opted not to be in the photo. Three weeks later and hours of vacuuming every inch of the house and all furniture, including mattresses almost daily (as well as the car several times); countless loads of laundry, picking nits (louse eggs) out of hair daily, bagging all dress-ups, stuffed animals, pillows that we can do without, washing all hair accessories (combs/brushes daily), keeping our hair up in buns, the list goes on....and we're almost rid of it. Pray you never have to deal with this. And for those who have, you can understand my plight. (It has become an epidemic in our ward). At first I was rather embarrassed, but considering 5+ families had it at the same time, I didn't feel as bad. Plus the lice actually prefer clean hair (who would have thought, but it makes sense considering that is where they lay their young).
THANKSGIVING!!!
It was just our little family this year and I think I got a little over excited about the food. What do you think?
Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade crescent rolls, candied yams, cranberry jelly, green bean casserole, stuffing, and four pies (2 pumpkins, 1 apple, and 1 banana cream).

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Fun to see what is going on with your cute family! Our daughter Abra and her kids had to deal with lice this fall, too. Not fun! I remember once when it was going through our ward in Calgary, and one of my friends called me, all mortified. She said "I didn't think a doctor's family could get lice!" Lice don't care who you are! :o)

Lindsay said...

Lice are NOT fun. I caught it from someone at school (yea, even Grandview Elementary) when I was in second grade and dealing with their extermination was miserable. I hope you're all cleared up soon!

MOMster said...

How NOT fun to have lice. It's been bad in the kids' school this fall, but we've managed to avoid it so far. We got the flu instead.

What a great time for your girls at the farm! I'll bet they had a marvelous time!!!

I love that picture of my nephew with the pies. Too, too cute. He's very chubby! I love his smile and he makes an adorable cow!

Chelle said...

Ugh, what a pain with all the lice-killing stuff you had to do! On a positive note, way to go on a killer THanksgiving feast! I am impressed! Jared worked Thanksgiving and Siena, Turin and I were all sick, so ours was quite a bummer. I am excited you guys are coming out at Christmas, I can't wait to meet little Braeden! (or big braeden I should say). We're going out to CA the 20-25th but after that we're totally open.